Tuesday, April 01, 2008

April Fools

So for the worst April Fools joke ever, somebody got into our minivan and stole our portable DVD player. Those who have children know how valuable this item is. Ours had two screens, one that could be strapped to a head rest, so Lincoln could watch a movie and stay quiet. Now in the car it's one constant "Uh Oh" from him.

It was also the worst April Fools joke ever, because it happened on March 31st. Apparently, the crooks forgot to honor leap year this year. The only other thing stolen was a CD of Spanish songs that I had. Our English CD's were left alone. This would lead me to believe that the crook speaks Spanish. I don't want to jump to conclusions here, but there is a possibility that if Bush had taken care of the border, then we'd still have our DVD player. Of course, the crook could just as easily have been a return missionary that happens to speak Spanish. Either way, as John has said, I'd rather someone come up and punch me in the face than steal from me.

In second to worst April Fools day joke news, someone set off not one, but two stink bombs in my hallway today. The first one was set off around 9, the next around 11. Yes, I still have a taste in my mouth.

For those interested in Platypi, our opponents were announced today. Among other notable foes, we will be playing DeMay Plumming and the Salt Lake Blues.

Also, today is H1-B day. It is the first day that highly skilled workers can apply for a visa to work in the United States. Read here for more info. A good first step to immigration policy would be to allow more highly skilled workers into the US, but don't just believe me, a majority of Americans (63 to 29) believes this also.

Sorry for waxing political, maybe I should start another blog... of course, I haven't been able to nurture the one blog I do have...

Rollie Fingers

For Matt only... let me know if this got emailed to you, I'm not sure if I did the email setting thing right, and if you don't want my blog emailed to you, let me know that too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too bad about the DVD player being stolen. Where did this thievery take place? Perhaps it was Hollywood Hogan striking first this softball season.

For April 1st I was sitting in the airport and this lady next to me got a call from her brother telling her he'd been arrested, but then told her it was April Fools. She was not amused.