Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Not Obese

...Just overweight. That's what the new BMI numbers say for me. Whew, I was getting worried there for a minute.

I don't like BMI very much because it doesn't account for someone who is big boned. You can tell if you're big boned if your fingers don't touch when you wrap them around your wrist. Mine don't, meaning I'm big boned or have short fingers.

Anyway, if you account for me being big boned, I think my real obese number is 233 lbs. I'm at 212 now. To get to normal, I have to get down to 176 lbs. That is one of my New Year's Resolutions, so we know it won't happen. If you adjust for me being big boned, I only have to get to 193. If you want to calculate your own BMI, take your weight in kilograms, and divide it by your height in meters squared. Or just use this calculator. 30 or above is obese, 25 to 29.9 is overweight, 18.5 to 24.9 is normal, and below 18.5 is underweight.

In other news, my talk on Family History went quite well. The only person in the congregation that fell asleep was Lincoln. Plus I got to tell a lame joke I've been holding on to for more than 20 years.

4 comments:

Brett - Rachel B said...

What Was The Joke?!

Alas, BMI's... I steadily approaching mine, but it took me longer than planned. We're routing for ya!

The Bubs said...

I said: "A new student came in to my class. I couldn't understand her English very well. I asked her where she was from. She said 'from here, but my parents are from Wales'. I said 'I come from large parents too.'"

I gave credit to Michael Smith because that's who I heard it from. Not Steph's Mike, he only wishes he could come up with such an awesomely bad joke, the Micheal Smith that played basketball for BYU.

My home teacher said the more he thought about it, the more he liked it.

Natalie said...

My BMI is 18.4, 0.1 under being "normal weight." I'm barely considered "under weight" Of course.. I weighed less at the gym today than normal. It'll be back up when we go on Saturday.

Office setup said...

If you wish to enjoy more functionality than the Office apps provides you for free, on the other hand, you don’t want to pay a single penny for it. Other than Office 365, there are various alternatives to MS-Office, which are free. http://officecom.org/