Sunday, November 28, 2010

Lost

Bad things come in threes, or so I've heard.

8 days ago, Ella had a dance recital at one of the local malls.  She's been in a little neighborhood dance class for the past couple of months.  She has had such a good time.  Early indications are that she's going to be a little dancer.  They even did a bake sale to earn money for their costumes and earned down to the exact penny the amount they needed.

Her recital lasted a couple of minutes is all, and afterward, the parents were kind of hanging out just talking.  For some reason, both Ange and I believed that Ellie was with grandma (Ange's Mom).  That was not the case.  I looked over and saw grandma sans Ellie.  I spent the next 10 seconds looking for her... no dice.  I tried to get grandma's attention for the next 10 or so seconds... strike two.  I gave up, and tried to get Ange's attention. 

"Where's Ella?"

"With grandma."

"No, she isn't."

With that, real panic set in.  I did a quick circuit of the central court.  No Ella.  Ange had headed straight to the parking lot to see if she could catch a glimpse of a potential kidnapper.

By then, I had returned to the stage when I caught wind that someone had seen a child, "dressed like those other children" all the way down the mall.

I ran, heard Lincoln trying to catch up, waited for him, then ran with him to find Ella near the entrance to Macy's, some 300 yards from where we were.  I was so relieved.  So was Ange.  Ella didn't seem to care.

The next day, I caught wind that Matt was lost in Central Utah.  He details his experience in his latest post here.  My sister's point of view here.

Thanksgiving could have been a lot worse.  Luckily, we got to spend it with our Ella, and Matt. 

So the question is, what is the third bad thing that's going to happen?  We thought it might be that Ange lost about $80, but she found it, and it was only like $55.

I hope that third bad thing comes quickly, the suspense is killing me.

Because bad things come in threes.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Whaaaaa?! You BLOGGED!? It's a miracle! Hey everyone, Bubs finally wrote a blog post! And it's very depressing!

Yes that was way scary having Ella (and Matt!) disappear. The poops. I hope you guys don't blame Grandma, she had Abby, Lincoln and ME to babysit while you guys talked to other parents.

I think the third thing was that BYU lost. And hey, that goes along with your title. There you go. I solved it.