Saturday, February 21, 2009

Yellow and Blue make go!

I like Village Inn.

I don't know why.

Could be the yummy skillets, or random shootings.

It was the first place I went to eat after my bout with what I assume was foot and mouth disease 12 or so years ago. (I had cankers all over my mouth, and couldn't eat solid food.) That trip turned out to be a waste of money, because I still couldn't eat solid food.

It was the first restaurant that I took Ange on what could be considered our first date. She wore a "Friends" shirt... I didn't take the hint. (She insists she wore it because of the pretty colors.)

It was the site of Stiel Family breakfasts (Ange's family) for a couple of years.

So, there is quite the history. Today I took Lincoln at the crack of dawn, and we went to get the car inspected. There's a Village Inn nearby, so we went there to pass some time. Lincoln likes waiting at restaurants, because he gets to color with crayons. Today, he got a yellow and blue crayon, which meant I had to combine them to get his favorite color, go. (green) Thanks to Blue's Clues, he knows how to combine colors and make new ones.

I ordered an artery clogging double ham, double bacon skillet. (So good.) Lincoln wanted some pancakes. I looked at the kids meal section and had to choose between smiley face pancakes and chocolate chip pancakes. The smiley face description said that they were three large pancakes, where the chocolate chip description said they were 5 small pancakes. So we went for the "small" chocolate chip pancakes.

They were huge, they covered an entire regular sized plate a couple of times over. Lincoln was only able to down two and a half. I'm trying to figure out what size a child would have to be in order to eat that many "small" pancakes.
This is an actual picture of the dish, minus one pancake.


This could be why we are so fat as a country. I'm not making fun of anyone, because I'm leading the list. Back when I was playing basketball everyday, I was considered obese. Now, the government probably considers me clinically dead.

The perfect solution is for the government to revise their obesity standards.

In other news, I heard that a new study shows that whenever a fast food restaurant opens in a neighborhood, everybody in that area automatically has a 1% higher chance of a stroke.

Good to know.
The Messenger

1 comment:

Brett - Rachel B said...

A "friends" t-shirt? Like, with the cast of friends on it? I hope you forgave her for that offense...

I don't usually admit this, but I really thought Village Inn was a motel until I was 21. Everytime I would pass one I would look around it and ask "where are rooms? Underground?" Finally I went and realized there were no secret rooms.

rachel