Sunday, February 08, 2009

Quotes from the Bubs

Some people may wonder why I don't make my blog look nice or update links like everybody else does. Those people will have to wait 'till summer. When summer's over, and I still haven't done it, I'll have to think of another excuse.

Lincoln has been so good going to primary. We were really worried, because we thought it would be hard for him to sit still since his favorite thing is to bounce off walls. But when he goes in primary, he's reverent, listens, sings, and is very respectful. I caught him in the halls walking with his arms folded. He saw me, and just carried on like usual. His teacher is Sister Walker, and she does such a good job with him and the 7 other three year olds in the class. Today, he told me that they sang "Follow Prophets".

We have been worried about sending Ellie to nursery, because there is a pretty mean girl in there that picks on everybody. We saw her put the ol' choke hold on one of the boys, and thought it would be better to steer clear for the day. So, while Ange was trying to get her to sleep in the mother's room, she threw up. We did our best to clean it, but when I checked on it at the end of church, it still had a lingering smell. Ange and Ellie went home, because we thought that after being covered in throw up, they had earned it.

I usually don't comment on the teachers at my school. I've actually sat on this story for a few weeks, but I can't help it. A few doors down from me is a teacher that some consider a tad pompous. I think he's a nice guy, but he only ever says 'Spencer' when I see him walking by me in the halls.

Anyway, I was in his room the other day, and he has all these quotes/sayings blown up on his wall. There's quotes form Ghandi, Jefferson, Washington, Martin Luther King etc. Then I notice that there is a quote in which he has cited himself. I thought that was pretty funny, so I asked a few students about it, and it's true. In fact, he has two quotes hanging up in which he's cited himself. Either this guy is a comic genius, or he's nursing a huge ego.

So, I told my students that I wanted a quote on my wall from myself. My students took matters into their own hands. After a few minutes of working on the computer, I noticed the following quote on the wall: "Shut your little gobs and get to work" - Spencer Millburn. Very nice.

2 comments:

Brett - Rachel B said...

Hahaha! Next time your in the teacher's lounge with that teacher you should casually quote one of his sayings to someone as if you had made it up yourself.
This guy sounds priceless.

Props to Lincoln for being so good in Primary! And props to Ella for finding out young how to get out of nursery.

Jordyn Parry said...

haha that's awesome, I agree with Brett/Rachel, it would be hilarious to use his quote as your own! I'm sure yours is much better than his anyway though.