Monday, October 02, 2006

Baseball Bubs

Chad, you'll be happy to know that I donated your cheestick to Lincoln.

We had a fondue party yesterday with Ange's family. The best part was when Ange tricked her sister's husband into eating a jalapeno, and he about died. Strange, since he has an hispanic last name. The worst part was when I ate a jalapeno of my own free will and about died.

I'm getting in baseball predictions before any games are played:

Twins vs. A's - Twins win 3-1
Tigers vs. Yankees - I hate to say, but Detroit loses 3-1. Yankees have played much better down the stretch. I hope I'm wrong.
Padres vs. St. Louis - Padres 3-1. I've never seen a team back into the playoffs (beep, beep, beep?) like St. Louis, and it seems like the Padres never lose.
Dodgers vs. Mets - Dodgers will be lucky to get one game, but I'll give it to them. Mets win 3-1. Best team in the NL, but hopefully the Dodgers can take them out.

Twins vs. Yankees - If any of the playoff teams can beat the Yanks, I hope it's the Twins, they finished just one game behind in a tougher division. Twins win 4-3
Padres vs. Mets - I just don't see the Mets losing, barring a huge injury. Mets win 4-2

Mets vs. Twins - Give it to the Twins... I think the AL is much better this year, and they have homefield... once again. Twins win 4-3

I think we can all agree on one thing... that New York vs. New York in the world series would be a terrible thing. Let's hope it doesn't happen, and let's hope the world series isn't a sweep for the 3rd year in a row.

Who won last year's series? I've already forgotton.

Go Dodgers

Nomar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The best part was that we all thought Jason was joking, so no one helped him and instead laughed at his "joke" of dying. good times.