Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sunbeams

I remember being a sunbeam... at least I remember singing the associated song. Lincoln is now a Sunbeam. The very first day of class was difficult. Partly because he couldn't go play in nursery anymore, partly because there were 7 other 3 year olds running around in a 10 x 10 classroom, and partly because it was like 55 degrees in said classroom. Ange sat with him, and he did fine.

After a little protesting the second week, he went in, but took his blanket Linus style. He was supposed to give the prayer, so it was going to be interesting. He doesn't exactly talk (but he's trying). Ange stopped in to help him out ten minutes before church was over, only to find him sleeping with another three year old on his teacher's shoulder. Very tired boy... Ange just gave the prayer.

Ella is now in nursery herself. She goes in pretty well as long as we get her interested in a toy. They are now back to their school/daycare at the University of Utah. During lunch yesterday, Matt called me up to inform me that he had seen Ella at the U. He said he didn't think she recognized him, but when I asked her if she saw Uncle Matt, her eyes lit up and she said "Yes". Take that with a grain of salt, if I asked right, I'd get her to say "Yes" to just about anything.

I went to pick up Ella at her daycare, and stopped to just look through the window. I was in time to see her 'share' a ball with another girl, then steal said ball and blast the other girl in the face with the ball, which sent her flying. Since nobody cried, the worker just looked the other way. Seriously, why can't kids just play nice?

And finally, I'd like to note that one of my teeth constantly hurts. I think I popped some of my dental work out during a sled collision, or maybe that time when Matt buried me with 5 feet of snow and rock. I finally relented and made an appointment with the dentist. If he uses any other word than spectacular to describe my teeth and tooth brushing habits, I'm not going to be pleased. Hopefully he'll just fix the tooth that's the problem, and not go poking around for any more trouble spots.

The End

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So if you remember being a sunbeam, and Lincoln is now a sunbeam, then that means Lincoln may be able to remember memories from this age. And that means he will start remembering all the mean things you do to him. Uh oh. You better chickadee check yourself before you wreck yourself.

toot.

The Jensen's said...

I think I can remember being a sunbeam too... "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam (jump out of chair), a sunbeam, (again jump out of chair)..." La la you know the rest.

Matt said...

Bubs, this allegation about me somehow being responsible for your dental problems is outrageous. Being buried by a pile of snow and rock never hurt anybody. Maybe you should brush your teeth more than twice a year.