Monday, May 29, 2006

En Memorium Bubs

We took Lincoln up to Mom's grave today for memorial day, it was pretty crowded.

He's pretty happy when he's walking...


I can't believe it's been ten years since my mom died. I started thinking of all the things that have happened since then...

In the last ten years...

The earth has travelled 5.8 million miles.

The Red Sox have won the World Series

More amazingly, the White Sox have won the world Series

A juiced up Mark McGuire broke Roger Maris homerun record

A war has broken out

I have bought two houses

I worked at the prison

But more importantly...

Mike Matt and John graduated from high school

Spencer Brett Mike and Christen graduated from college

Brett Mike Matt and John returned after serving honorable misisons

Angela Christen and Rachel married into the family

Maysen Stockton Jorja Lincoln Skye were born into the family with one more on the way

Ten years is a long time... in that amount of time, Mom could be as far as 5.8 billion miles away, assuming there's a speed limit to spiritual travel... I'm sure that's not the case... there has to be some sort of ansiable technology.

I miss you Mom, I can't wait to tell you about my antics down here. I'll omit the embarassing stuff of course, but I think I'll tell you about the time John sent a mass email when he didn't mean to.

Here's another picture of your grandson for the road.

Bubba Bear

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bubs that was beautiful. Really. Your mother would be proud of you for what a wonderful father you are. Thank you for everything. By the way love the picture of Link being thrown and he's all casual like it's normal to be high in the air. haha