Sunday, December 03, 2006

IF The Bubs were in charge

Today is Brett's birthday. (Quick check of the calender to make sure it's the 3rd) Happy birthday Brett. Brett is now 31... I was going to make a list of 31 reasons why I'm awesome, but clearly, there are way may than 31, and I wouldn't do myself justice.

So instead for Brett's birthday, I'm going to unveil my college football brackets.


All Div 1 conferences get an automatic invite. If you can't win your conference, then you're not guarenteed of playing for the championship. I didn't punish teams for losing in thier conference championship, I think that's unfair. The top 4 seeded teams host 2 games of the first round. After that, games are played at neutral sites. The championship this year is at the old Fiesta Bowl site in Arizona. Games start on Dec. 9th, and go once a week on Saturdays. The championship game is played on New Years Day. Here's the breakdown:

ACC 1 team, Big East 1 team, Big 10 3 teams, Big 12 1 team, Conference USA 1 team, Mid American 1 team, Mountain West 1 team, Pacific 10 1 team, SEC 3 teams, Sun Belt 1 team, WAC 1 team, Independents 1 team.

Any reasonable human would agree with me on this. The games start this Saturday, Dec. 9th. This is always one of my favorite weekends, because I can sit back and watch 8 competitive college football games... I wonder who the Cinderella team will be this year?

1 comment:

Matt said...

Bubs, I vote for you to be in charge.