Friday, March 17, 2006

Big Dance Bubs

Today is the best day of the year. The beginning of the NCAA tourney, where for several days, you can turn on the TV, and see basketball. This is by far the best sporting event in the world. I wish the NBA would wake up and realize that there is no reason to have a seven game series.

There are a few things that annoy me about the tournament, so that is today’s list…

Billy Packer nonstop complaining about how another east coast team didn’t get in - Is it asking too much to finish in the top 8 of your conference to get invited?

Halftime

Pat O’Brien leaving CBS sports to work for Access Hollywood or whatever. (Wait, that’s on my list of strangest career moves)

Rick Majerus saying Offense (Oh - fence)

How I always get burned by picking teams I like

People that brag nonstop about picking an upset. They didn’t know the one team was going to win, they just got lucky.

Infinity timeouts at the end of games

Commercials at the end of games last 8 minutes. Maybe Matt needs it, but I don't need that much time for a bathroom break.

Gonzaga was underrated for years, and now every year, they’re overrated.

My bracket is always ruined 2 hours into day 1

Enjoy the tournament… also USA v. Mexico today, a USA win would get them to the semi’s -- good thing since this is our tournament.

The Scarlet Pimpernel

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd say my least favorite thing is how they go to commercial on 30 second timeouts. 500 commercial breaks in one game.

Anonymous said...

How about wierdos who pound their head with anything handy when they know thier going to win -- wait, that was Morrison from Gonzaga

Anonymous said...

A sweet thing is how there are two CBS stations up here. I didn't realize the importance of this until today when I discovered they are showing different games on the two stations. Gory be.

I worship the WBC. That Japan v. Korea game dominated, and I'm looking forward to the rematch on Saturday. I found myself watching more baseball than basketball yesterday. Plus, I read an article on ESPN on how they should do the WBC final four during the All-Star break. I thought it was a brilliant idea.

The most annoying thing about the tournament is when its the 2 seed that's hitting the amazing buzzer beater instead of the 15 seed.