Sunday, March 05, 2006

Tourney Bubs

The following are my predictions for the Mountain west tournament:

Now I know a lot of you are thinking that I only predicted BYU to win, because that's who I want to win. That is true, but it is also true that BYU is the hottest team in the conference right now, so you could say I'm going with the hot hand.

I think BYU does have the toughest road of the favorites in the tourney... they have to beat their rival, who for some reason only wants to play when they are playing against BYU, then they have to beat the top two teams. (If everything goes to form)

SDSU has a much easier road in that their first round game is a gimme (CSU's played well lately, and their close to home, SDSU's too good for them). I think they overlook Vegas, and UNLV will play BYU in the championship.

I'm going to go ahead and pretend that Air Force gets out of the first round for once, then loses to BYU. I don't think a team that relys on the 3 ball so much can win three straight tournament games.

I think the MWC will send SDSU to the big dance, and the winner of BYU/AFA. If the commitee were thinking clearly, I think BYU would be a lock, but for some reason, thier RPI is low, and none of the 'experts' think they're in. I think they deserve to be in more than the 7th ACC or Big 10 team -- probably because I'm a fan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No doubt. Why is everyone so pro-Air Force when BYU tied them in the Conference, yet no one thinks BYU has a shot at an at-large. I say the winner of the BYU-AFA game gets the at-large. I also say BYU should just win the whole thing to save us the scare and stupidity of the committee. They'll probably take a team like Syracuse that has lost like 9 of its last 13 over BYU who has won 10 of 11.

Anonymous said...

Cougs best win the tourney. Air Force has the edge on BYU with the quality win factor. I figure there are only two ways for BYU to get in:
1. Win tourney
2. Beat AFA and then lose to SDSU

If somebody other than BYU or SDSU wins the tournament then BYU won't go.