Thursday, March 23, 2006

Glass Cleaning Bubs

The Faculty played the boys basketball team today for a good one. I once again told my class that if I go scoreless, they all get A’s. Obviously, I wasn’t going to go scoreless, because there were only 6 of us.

Anywhoo… 7 seconds into the game, I made a three from the corner, right in front of my class. They took it in stride. The best good one is that they actually kept stats for this game. Here are mine:

2 pts - 2 - 2
3 pts - 1 - 3
FT - 2 - 2
Reb 7
Ast 2
Pts 9

In the second quarter, I had a breakaway lay-up, and this tall kid caught up to me, and swatted the ball into the back wall, then landed on me, and sent my head into the back wall. I got up and made both free throws… that’s what I needed to make free throws, a severe blow to the head. Plus the student body for the next five minutes chanted “You got swatted” every time I touched the ball. I didn’t feel like stopping the game to explain to them that if a foul is called, there is no ‘swat’. Plus, now I have this huge headache.

Then I got that kid back in the forth quarter by diving for a loose ball, and undercutting him. Then he got in my face all tough like. Then I told him to not hate the player, but to hate the game. I made that last part up… about hating.

We were up by 18 at the start of the 4th, and ended up winning by 8, because we were all gassed. In the end, fun was had by all, except for that one kid on the boys team, who looked like that Morrison character from Gonzaga, but in a bad/nerdy way -- and he’s white, and he has no 'stache and he’s slamming his fists into the floor every second.

So, that should do it.

Ralph Nader

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bubs are you saying that Morrison is black? uh...Morrision is good/nerdy, white with a 'stache and will hit himself in the head with the ball or fist. Maybe this kid was closer to Morrison than you thought. But seriously...please tell me that you know Morrison is white.

Anonymous said...

I meant that this kid is so white it's blinding... whiter that anyone else I know. Morrison is more oliveish