Saturday, January 14, 2006

Eating Bubs

So I was quite pleased that the last posting of mine garnered 5 comments, a new record - -only to find out that the 5 comments were left by 2 people. Clearly there will be an astrisk next to this record in the record book, but I'll take it any way I can get it.

Internet is still out at our house. It will be out for another week, but I make due.

On to today's list

My Favorite Restaurants

Also going to post my favorite meal from that restaurant. They were ranked according to how much I always want to go to the place. Special consideration was given to places I don't have to tip somebody. Just making the list is an honor, so no complaining...

17 - KFC/A&W - Cold one after a well deserved Platypi victory.
16 - Wendy's - Junior Bacon Cheeseburger, no pickles or onions.
15 - Sweet Tomatoes - Won Ton Chicken Salad
14 - Gandolfo's - Burning Bridge
13 - Godfather's Pizza - We go for the Buffet, my favorite is the Taco Pizza.
12 - Iceburg - Lower in position, because I only go for their milkshakes, which are the best.
11 - Taco Bell - Steak Chalupa Supreme
10 - Sconecutter - Turkey Avocado Sandwich
9 - Spaghetti Factory - A la Homer
8 - Sizzler - Malibu Chicken
7 - Golden Corral - Like Sizzler, except it's buffet style, and they have tons of stuff.
6 - Training Table - Bleu Bacon Burger
5 - Leatherby's - Peanut Butter Cup Sundae
4 - Tony Roma's - Ribs with Carolina Honeys BBQ Sauce
3 - Hires - Country H
2 - Cafe Rio - Pork Burrito... 2nd place - Salmon Taco
1 - Wingers - Their wings duh... 2nd place - Asphalt Pie

I'm sure I'll be reminded if I missed anything. I posted this list so you guys know where to take me. For example, you could say... 'Hey Bubs, I noticed that Leatherby's was 5th on your list, how about we go and eat there on me.'

In other news, I fed Lincoln some Rice Cereal today. I figure we've got to get him eating solids soon so the babysitter can feed him, because he refuses to take a bottle.

We also got his foot and hand prints in clay. He wasn't happy about that, but Ange was. Thanks to Steph and Sheri (Hardy) for hooking us up.

Toonces the Driving Cat

13 comments:

Matt said...

Bubs, you forgot to put Carl's Jr. in first place.

Anonymous said...

So, I take it Mike is done watching football.... sorry about the colts...

Anonymous said...

Must say, I am impressed that you made a top seventeen list. You must really enjoy eating. My top ten list:

10: KFC/A&W(Platypi factor)
9: Eat-A-Burger(Cal's got my back)
8: Carl's Jr.(Matt's got my back)
7: Leatherby's(Giant banana split factor)
6: Big B's(Milkshake factor)
5: Hires Big H(Cheese fries factor)
4: Iceberg(Many flavored milkshake factor)
3: Cafe Rio(Burrito factor)
2: Fazoli's(Turkey sub factor)
1: The Philadelphian(Philly cheese steak sandwich factor)

So let it be written.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that none of you put on your list the number one place to eat of all time. That's right, where is Arctic Circle on your lists? A plain hamberger with fries and fry sauce and a chocolate/banana milk shake will beat anything anyone has mentioned so far. That is the whole truth--and I'm afraid you can't handle the truth.

Anonymous said...

I must say that I am surprised by the attention that Leatherby's and Hires Big H have received. Who are they, the Lakers and Knicks?
Nice job by John putting The Philadelphian #1. When I was in town last when matt was there I mentioned that place to him and he didn't know what it was. Who is he, Bubs driving right by you and not knowing it?
That's right, I'm starting right at #1.
1: Moons (a place in Boise with the best sandwich I've ever had. It's called The Freedom Dip, but it holds me captive)
2: Eat-A-Burger (thanks to their spicy fries and fry sauce)
3: The Philadelphian
4: Wingers
5: McDonalds (a hold you all accountable for this exlusion)
6: Fazoli's
7: Cafe Rio
8: Dad's waffles (it does too count)
9: Dad's roast (incindentally, I just made a roast yesterday but ended up eating somewhere else so its been in the crock pot for 28 hours and counting)
10: A&W for RB

Anonymous said...

well.... I'll try a list, but Mike says I'll fail miserably.... In the tradition of Brett, I'll start with #1

1: Ixtapa (no-names...but they are in Washington)
2. Tepanyaki (YUM!!!...but they are in Provo)
3. Tucanos (pineapple....also in Utah)
4. TGIF (oreo madness)
5. some sandwich shop in Couer d'Alene (ham, cream cheese, pineapple sandwich)

Okay, so I can only come up with five... but they are a tasty five! Too bad four of them are out of state!

The Bubs said...

Hires and Leatherby's got in on their own merit, not because they are media darlings

Plus, I went through the phone book to find every possible restaurant while making my post. 17 out of a million doesn't constitue 'enjoy eating'.

But I do enjoy eating. That's a fact.

But not because I made a top 17 list.

Plus I don't get to go to Carl's Jr. anymore, because it's Ange's least favorite restaurant.

Anonymous said...

I am pretty embarassed that I left Winger's off of the list. I thought for sure that Steph was going to list Ivar's. And I think I could have handled that.

Anonymous said...

As soon as I hit publish I remembered about Ivars. Mike wanted me to add it, but I don't really like seafood. But it should have been added because of the seagull factor. Plus it's next to that weird store that had shrunken heads.

Anonymous said...

I was going to name Ixtapa as well, but I thought it was long forgotten.

Anonymous said...

Plus, how could john leave Wingers off the list seeing as how it was my number 1? Are you not even using my list as a template to go by?

Anonymous said...

Ixtapa will never be forgotten! Plus, Mike learned how to make no-names.... he made them three times over Christmas!

Anonymous said...

He should make no names, and mail them to me. yum.