Friday, January 27, 2006

Teacher Bubs

So Lincoln is 'walking' all over the place. He even decides where he wants to go. We didn't buy any shoes for the little guy, because we figure that you don't need shoes if you're not walking, and getting carried as your main mode of transport. But, we may have to break down and get him shoes earlier than we wanted.

In other news, Junior High kids are funny. Not because of their sense of humor, but because of their lack of sense of humor. So my list today is things that are funny to tell junior high kids, and watch the reaction.

Funny Things to Say to Junior High Kids

11 - You're using your calculator to add 1 and 1? Are you kidding me?
10 - Call them Homie or Holmes or Bro, and wait for them to tell you to never say that again.
9 - After lending them a pencil that has been behind your ear all day, tell them to kill any lice they see.
8 - When they finish an assignment, and they say "I'm done", respond with "you're dumb"?
7 - Say "I'm going to eat the bush" (Wait, that's on my 'funniest things Bart Lingwall has said' list)
6 - After getting a haircut, and the students ask you if you got a haircut, say 'No, I took a shower'. (A Scott Knecht joke) Then proceed to make fun of them for taking a shower every day.
5 - Declare that one of their questions was a stupid question, then when they say "There's no such thing as a stupid question", respond with "Yes there is, and you just asked it." Note: This only works when the question was actually a stupid question.
4 - You don't know your address? I know 4 year olds that know thier address.
3 - When they ask what were going to do today say "The same thing we do every other day... try to take over the world."
2 - When they get mad at you for something say "Don't hate the player, hate the game"
1 - On the first day of school, declare "I'm funny, you're not" Then watch faces as students think you're the biggest jerk in the world

It should be noted that I would never try out such childish lines on my students, but if I actually had a sense of humor, and I wanted to enjoy myself, these are some of the lines I would consider.

In other news, they votes for Mike and Christen's kid are 1 for Zephanie, 1 for Vyquetoriya Walkasheaqua, and one for Shabazz. We need more votes so Christen knows what to name the child.

Also, Matt has refused to play me in Backgammon, so the series is still tied at 2-2.

And finally, Seattle wins the Superbowl 31-17. Thanks alot Steelers for ruining a perfectly good matchup between Seattle and the Colts.

Could somebody please tell me how you could have infinity blockers in front of you, anywhere on the field to roam, and still somehow manage to get tackled by the quarterback.

Strider

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think a funny and new thing to say to students would be: Every time there is a silence after your question say, "Bueller? Bueller?"

When this is followed by more silence b/c the joke has been done 1 million times say, "Haven't you seen Ferris Bueller?"

Anonymous said...

Nice -- If I were an imature teacher, I might try this on Monday.

Anonymous said...

My ceramics teacher would always do this good one: "(So-and-so), is it your birthday?" "No". "THEN GET TO WORK"! He'd ask the first part sorta quiet like, but then he'd yell the last part mega loud. Plus, he's roll around the class room on his chair that had little wheels on it. And instead of saying "so-and-so" he'd say the person's name that wasn't doing any work. I hope Bubs will be able to implement this good one in to his repertoire.

Anonymous said...

That is a good one John, but what if it is actually the slacker in question's birthday? I will pass this good one on to the more immature teachers.