Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Helpful Bubs

As you all know, I am always looking for a way I can help. We had a difficult time comming up with a name for Lincoln, so I thought I'd offer some name suggestions to Mike and Christen for their baby girl. I think it would be especially helpful, if everybody helps vote on the name they like best. Christen, you could tell all your blogger friends to come and vote as well, I'm sure you'd like to know their opinion... and no thanks needed.

Names Mike and Christen Should Name Their Girl
22 - LaBerta
21 - Kia - like the car, a poor man's Mercedes
20 - Fawntelle
19 - Dusty Dawn
18 - Poopsy - The name might as well fit
17 - Bagheera - It could remind you of Al Jazeera
16 - Daquiri
15 - Sky
14 - Arizonia - For the place you first lived
13 - Andreas - Especially if she is a child always about to 'snap'.
12 - Ocean
11 - Polo - For the snobby child
10 - Zephanie - In honor of her aunt
9 - Vyquetoriya Walkasheaqua
8 - ESPN - a real name
7 - Sylvester McMonkey McBean (wait, that's on my list of best Dr. Seuss names.)
6 - Serenity (Now)
5 - Moonshine - In honor of them Dukes
4 - Shabazz - Born in Utah, the name might as well end with two z's
3 - Kaysional Tempest - Pure Genius
2 - Hallah Lujah
1 - Seven - Good name for a boy -- or a girl -- especially a boy
I of course have others that I'll be looking at if we ever have a girl, I figure with 22 possibilities, there should be one there that fits your fancy. I don't ask for fame or money, I just want to help you guys out.
If you ask my brothers, they might try to help, but I'm sure their names would not be as good, except for Matt, who would suggest naming your child Juan Uribe Millburn -- what kind of a name is that?
and Ebert

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bubs, where's Arizonia? John: one, Bubs: zero.

Anonymous said...

I don't get it... The only thing I can think of is the incorrect spelling of 'Arizona'. The spelling of the name was not a mistake, the i was inserted on purpose. If this is not the reason that John is one and Bubs is zero, then a further explanation is needed... keeping in mind that working with middle school kids has damaged my sense of humor.

Matt said...

Well, Bubs first and foremost Juan Uribe is a boys name so that is out of the question. My vote would be Vyquetoriya Walkasheaqua, that would be an excellent name. I also propose that we vote to make the results of this vote binding.

Anonymous said...

I would have to say I'm parial to Shabazz, the name kind of grows on you. I definately have to vote to make this vote binding. So in summary:

1 vote for Vyquetoriya Walkasheaqua
1 vote for Shabazz
2 votes to make these votes binding
0 votes against making these votes binding

Matt said...

I am just writing to point out the inconsistency of putting Seven as number one on your list then voting for Shabazz. That is all.

Anonymous said...

It's not inconsistant, I liked Shabazz the best, but I think the best name for their kid is Seven. Just because I like a name best does not mean that it would be best for the kid.

Anonymous said...

I was going to also point out that Seven was listed as number one, yet he voted for Shabazz. Further explanation should be needed for that one. Bubs, you're "parial" to Shabazz? John: two, Bubs: zero. Oh, and Matt: one, for pointing out the inconsistency of voting for Shabazz over Seven. You got some catching up to do, Bubs.

Matt said...

Let me get this straight Bubs, you are voting for Shabazz over Seven, also voting to make the vote binding, and also saying that Seven is a better name for their kid. So you want to give the kid an inferior name on purpose just to gratify your selfish desires. Shame shame. Matt: 2.

Anonymous said...

Look, this is the deal, I've seen the ultrasound, and thier kid looks like a Seven. If I hadn't seen the kid before, then I would think Shabazz is the best name of the bunch. And John, you need to vote so Christen knows what to name the child.

Anonymous said...

Of course it should be Zephanie. And I would also have to agree that a point should be given to Matt for pointing out the Shabazz fiasco.

The Bubs said...

So a word on these so called points.

John did not score the first point against me, because I meant to write Arizonia, that is like Seinfelttt starting the race early.

John doesn't score the second point, because I don't have spell checker, and shouldn't be bound by rules of a language that can't even decide what the letter p should sound like.

Matt doesn't score on me, because he has only scored as a result of so called inconsistencies, which have been explained.

I get one point on all of you for having LaBerta on the list, and none of you pointing out how that was the name of that one lady that lived in that house next to our back yard that foul wiffle balls would go.

I get a second point, for doing this comment in the dark.

You guys will notice that my points are legit, not some arbitrary rule that nobody knew before the game started.

So in summary, Bubs: 3, The rest of you: 0. I'll let you fight it out for second place.

Now we need to get back to the job of naming Christen's kid, so focus.

The Bubs

PS The third point comes from how you guys all reacted, and were going to post a comment, when you saw that I had the wrong number of points listed for me. You were all going to write in and try to score yourselves a point. Too bad for you, the point has already been awarded to me.