Monday, February 06, 2006

Brett and Bubs -- Second attempt

So I was able to remember 14 of the 15, so I added a new one which now occupies the number 15 spot. Hopefully 'Blogger' will not decide to delete this post. Plus, Brett's list for 16-20 can be found under comments for 'PO'd Bubs'

Things about Brett
15 - Eating tons of homemade corn dogs because they are so delicious, and then throwing them up. Never touching a corn dog again.
14 - The Posse
13 - Telling the Bubs he and his friends will play baseball when they are done playing Heman, then proceeding to play Heman the rest of the day.
12 - Tons of in the park homers at Bicentennial, he must hold the record.
11 - Mom didn't want him to be left-handed, so she kept changing scissors, crayons etc. to his right hand from his left hand.
10 - Hitting the wiffle ball in that apple tree tons, and then having power hits be outs because we caught it as it trickled down
9 - Getting cut from little league, then one of the coaches comes to me and tells me how he knows Brett is one of the best players, but he didn't do well at tryouts, and I'm thinking the coach is an idiot, because he values one day in early March more than years of observation.
9a - The same year, Tona Niebuhr trying to tell Brett how he could improve playing shortstop by turning a certain way before throwing the ball.
8 - Skipping out on kindergarten, and playing on the Perhson's dirt hill. (Wait, that's on my list of wierdest things the Bubs has done.)
7 - He can make this running hookshot/layup that everyone thinks is way lucky until he does it 5 times in a row.
6 - Running around forever on 2 on 2 football with Casey and Vig, until the Bubs decides he is wide enough open to pass too
5 - Getting his 2nd tech in a basketball game because he made this huge sarcastic cheer after the ref made yet another bad call.
4 - Being the voice of superdog
3 - We pulled an all time prank on Steph, but the problem was, one of the traps we set in the bathroom was to have an open shampoo bottle balanced on top of the door, so it would fall on her when she opened it. Since the door opens inward, Brett bravely volunteered to stay in the bathroom, set up the trap and wait until Steph got in. She opens the door, almost gets hit by the bottle, Brett comes running out -- sadly for him, I got most of the credit from Steph.
2 - He threw a rock through this sports car's window across the street. He said he wanted to see how far he could throw said rock.
1 - Would cheat playing uno against mom by looking at the reflection of her cards in her glasses.
Not in the same order, but what are you going to do?
I need to write these suckers down somewhere, in other news, Lincoln is sick, and won't sleep, and has this wierd cough. Hopefully we'll get him to the doctor today.
That's all for now.
O'Brian
PS Am I the only one who thinks Seattle got the raw end of the officiating last night -- I mean that TD got taken away by a push off that happens in every game, and then that other play that got them to the one got taken away by a phantom holding call. That cost Seattle 11 points. Think how cool the game would have been had they not taken that away.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brett would have been tons better if he would have taken my advice. I understand that nobody is as good as my Cami, but seriously. Also, I wish Brett would fess up for starting that fire in the gully that got blamed on my twins.

Anonymous said...

Steelers got that touchdown that never passed the goal line....

Brett also broke the window and told dad he didn't know how it broke... then when dad says, "What do you know?" He responds, "I know the church is true." My favorite....

Brett & I walked to Big B's once and got egg nog shakes. Discusting! I have never tried them again!

Brett would play care bears with me and then got embarassed when I reminded him of that at college...

Anonymous said...

In related news, we had corn dogs today at school. Yummy.

Anonymous said...

Brett didn't really like Care Bears. Your memory is misguided of him liking them, All of the evidence is forged proof. Old pictures of him hugging Good Luck Bear in his Cub Scout shirt, and making references to them in his journal are all part of the evil one's plan. These are all lies and anybody who believes them has been deceived by the author or all lies and will go to hell too.

Anonymous said...

President Hinkley, you are clearly wrong. Brett loved care bears very much. Also, it should be pointed out that I am the true prophet.

Anonymous said...

So Bubs just makes comments under a hidden alias on his own board nonstop? Plus, Steph, I don't think you and Brett walking to Big B's and buying shakes was noteworthy. I'm sure it was cool and all, but yeah. John: 2. Bubs and Steph: 0.

Anonymous said...

No... those aren't all me, I'm not Matt, I can't carry a conversation with myself

Anonymous said...

I swear I put my name in there too, what is going on?

Anonymous said...

Well, the reason Brett & I walked to Big B's was because we made a chart and gave us points. When we felt we had earned enough points, we decided to reward ourselves with a milkshake at Big B's. Not wanting to tell Mom what we were doing, we told her we were going to the Burnett's house. So, we walked by the Burnett's house on the way home. But Patti Burnett saw us out the window and asked us where we had been because Mom had called.... sad, but true, we clearly pulled a Matt

Anonymous said...

Did you guys know that Big B's has changed ownership, and soon it will be known as ....I forget. Something with a burger in the name. Kathy Leatherwood told me. Also, they raised their prices, but forgot to change them on the outside menu. Not a good start. I predict a "going out of business" sell on fast food supplies in 6 months.

Anonymous said...

I remember when Brett was bad at church. President Gunnell was giving a substitute lesson, and Brett kept repeating everything he said and single-handedly destroyed his lesson. Then there was the time when he was suppose to give a talk but was too shy to give it, so Revenna Hanft took his talk and read it for him, and all the time she was reading it, Brett hid behind her and kept peeking around her dress and sticking out his tongue and making faces. Yes, we were proud parents that day.
And remember when he was so bad in church that I made him sit on a chair for the length of Sacrament Meeting. Then, wanting to honor his agency, I told him he had a choice: he could sit on the chair for the length of Sacrament Meeting, or he could have a spanking and get the punishment over quicker. Stephanie stepped in with her great advice and told him to take the spanking because it wouldn't hurt that bad. So he took the spanking, never having had one yet. I pulled down his pants and let him have it on his rear end with my hard hands. It was like I threw cold ice water on him. He didn't expect it to hurt that bad, because he believed his sister. He jumped off my lap and ran after Steph screaming, "You said it wouldn't hurt, boo hoo, boo hoo."

Aw yes, good times at church. Such spiritual memories linger in the back of my mind.

Brett - Rachel B said...

"...and then proceeded to play Heman the rest of the day."

I think my pupils just turned to hearts.
Thats adorable.
Was that last year?

Anonymous said...

No Rachel, it wasn't last year, and niether was it adorable. It was argueably themost boring day of my life. I didn't know anyone could play Heman so long -- especially when there's baseball to be played. Dad thought it was pretty funny if I remember...

In other news, I'm planning on linking you to my blog, unless I hear otherwise.

Brett - Rachel B said...

Thats ok, I just had to take off all the dirty links... mmm just kidding.
And I better start using spell check...

Tank Trouble 2 said...

This article is interesting