Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Supporting Bubs

I had just finished and published this post when the power went out. I lost everything, so I'll try again.

First for a recap of the last 12 days or so.

The Bubs gets the chills

The Bubs has the flu

The Bubs throws up

The Bubs goes to the doctor, the doctor says the Bubs has Laryngitis

The Bubs continues to be miserable, and goes to an instacare since it is Sunday

The doc lady at the instacare gives the Bubs a clean bill of health, and some anti-nausea medication which causes the Bubs to throw up in a Walgreen's parking lot

The Bubs goes to his doctor, doctor says the Bubs has pneumonia, and that the Bubs should be on a clear liquid diet

The Bubs ignors doctors advice and decides to have a Chalupa Supreme

The Bubs gets a first hand look at what liquid Chalupa mixed with acid looks like.

The Bubs begrudgingly eats only Jell-O for the next day.

The list I decided on for today is a list of best supporting characters in TV shows I could remember, I know I'll forget some, but I'm counting on you to fill in the overlookees.

14-Fozzie - The Muppet Show
13-Ralphie - The Simpsons
12-Norm - Cheers
11-Fonzie - Happy Days
10-The Soup Nazi - Seinfeld
9-KITT - Night Rider
8-Boner - Growing Pains
7-Erkel - Don't know the name of the show
6-Gibler - Full House
5-Frank Costanza - Seinfeld
4-Chloe - 24
3-Jimmy James - News Radio
2-GOB - Arrested Development
1-Roscoe - The Dukes of Hazzard

I'd say that's good enough to get things going. All you spellcheck nazi's out there, I'm sure there's mistakes. Don't try to impress your friends by pointing out all the typos. Seriously, that's annoying. It's not like anybody is wondering what I'm trying to say, and that is the point of language after all.

That'll do Pig

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The name of the show that Erkel was in is called Family Matters, and he was the main character. At least that's how I viewed him. Where's Dustin Sisam when you need him? I'd also throw in J. Peterman from Seinfeld and Tobias from Arrested Development.

Matt said...

I will begin this comment by informing the Bubs what the definition of a typo is. A typo is a mistake in printing, typesetting, or typing, especially one caused by striking an incorrect key on a keyboard. Not knowing how to spell something does not qualify as a typo. Therefore my comments will not violate the request of the Bubs. Urkel is spelled Urkel not Erkel. I am sure all of my friends are duly impressed with my comments thus far. Also, since we are naming main characters as supporting characters I would like to add Jerry Seinfeld from Seinfelt. This comment gives me two points so it is Matt 2 Bubs 0.

Anonymous said...

Interesting that Matt knows how to spell Urkel... In other news, I bet Matt's one of those church speakers that always starts his talks by saying "The dictionary defines [subject] as...." Oh man, I hate that.

Anonymous said...

It is true though that it is helpful and worthwhile to correct a mistake that someone made when it was obvious that they didn't realize they were making the mistake, while it isn't helpful to correct a typo like accidentally spelling 'the' like 'teh' for example. So the Urkel correction was good, because Bubs and I obviously didn't know how to spell it, it wasn't an accidental slip up typo. I would also like to add Buster from Arrested Development to the list because you can never have too many characters on this list from that show.

Anonymous said...

I would like to add "The Todd" from Scrubs. He's a good one. Nice job with having Roscoe as #1.

Anonymous said...

I would like to propose Shaggy from Scooby-Do to your list of supporting characters.

Matt said...

I bet Bubs is one of those speakers in church that gives a ten minute explanation of all the things that interfered with their talk preparation. Also, how about Weiner Dog from the Norm Show.

Anonymous said...

Dwight from The Office. I was waiting for someone else to come up with that one since I had taken so many good ones before, but I had to add it before we moved on. Yes, Weiner Dog from The Norm Show.