Sunday, February 19, 2006

Conspiracy Bubs

So I’m over at Ange’s mom’s house, and I get up to use the bathroom. As I’m walking to the bathroom, I’m thinking how it seems like I have those one chills you get when you’re sick.

Then I get back and find the nearest blanket to get under. Before I know it, I’ve got a fever. Ange got me home, and I spent a miserable night last night. My temperature got up to 102. I feel fine as long as a take Tylenol and Ibuprofen every 4 hours.

So I was amused last week how some people thought the Dick Cheany shooting was to cover up the fact that Cheany had earlier shot the guy in the heart. Oh boy.

So for today’s list….

Top crazy conspiracy theories

It should be pointed out that I don’t believe any of these theories… except maybe #10, because my US History teacher Mr. Ward told me so…

10 - FDR and the US knew about Pearl Harbor before it happened

9 - Apollo 11 Moon Landings were faked by NASA

8 - Barcodes are really intended to Control people

7 - The Truth is out there, on Area 51

6 - Microsoft sends messages on Wingdings Font – If you type in NYC in Wingdings font, it gives a skull and crossbones, the star of David, and a thumbs up sign. Interpreted by some people to mean that Microsoft approves of killing Jews.

5 - U.S. military caused the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami

4 - This one is more of a coincidence…

Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846.
John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.

Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860.
John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.

The names Lincoln and Kennedy each contain seven letters.

Both were particularly concerned with civil rights.

Both wives lost their children while living in the White House.

Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.

Both were shot in the head.

Lincoln's secretary, Kennedy, warned him not to go to the theatre.
Kennedy's secretary, Lincoln, warned him not to go to Dallas.

Both were assassinated by Southerners.

Both were succeeded by Southerners.

Both successors were named Johnson.

Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808.
Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.

John Wilkes Booth was born in 1839.
Lee Harvey Oswald was born in 1939.

Both assassins were known by their three names.

Both names are comprised of fifteen letters

Booth ran from the theater and was caught in a warehouse.
Oswald ran from a warehouse and was caught in a theater.

Booth and Oswald were assassinated before their trials.

3 - Supreme Court Justices were murdered, so the administration could appoint judges that would let friends destroy Louisiana wetlands. (Wait, that’s the plot of The Pelican Brief)

2 - The Challenger explosion. The theory is that they let the teacher go into space, and during her training she learned that the government was doing stuff through NASA that they shouldn't have been doing, and to make sure that she'd stay quiet, they blow up her shuttle.

1 - September 11 was orchestrated by the U. S. government – There are people that actually believe this one, including some BYU physics professor. They point to all sorts of ‘proof’ from a weird way of folding a 20, to the way the buildings fell. Wierdos

Here is a good site for Seinfeld quotes for those interested: http://www.pkmeco.com/seinfeld/

Also, I would like to mention that I have officially put Hershey’s chocolate syrup on my ‘dead to me’ list, and I’ve put Olympics coverage ‘on notice’. Seriously, I’m watching cross country skiing right now.

The Villain

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now NBC is showing ice dancing, this is getting out of control

Anonymous said...

The ice dancing became very entertaining to me when 3 out of the first 4 performances I saw included some sweet falls.

Matt said...

I had a chemistry teacher who believed in the fake moon landing and that the U.S. government knew about September 11 beforehand. The building was brought down by bombs, those airplanes would never have knocked those buildings down. Plus, remember when Jimmy James faked that moon landing on News Radio. I could add more to your list but they are all things I saw on 24.

Anonymous said...

Remember when it rained forever, and Noah built an ark, and while the earth is all water, he found Lot, who was also floating around?

Plus the discovery channel has this series where they try to discredit the Bible accounts and tell us what 'really' happened.

Matt said...

yes Bubs, I remember that Noah's Ark movie. That was a low point for NBC. The funny thing is that most people watching it probably thought that it followed the Bible exactly. And then Lot buildeth this weird boat thingy and floateth on the water. Then remember how after that they had this battle between these weird pirates that also survived and tried to take over Noah's Ark and there were tons of explosions and stuff.

Anonymous said...

Good one on the JFK/Lincoln coincidence. It's almost the exact same as how every steroid user wears number 25. Brett's got my back on that one.