Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Bugged Bubs

Welcome to today’s entry in my blog. Lincoln still has a little RSV going on, but I think he’s getting better… It’s been a week, so I figure it’s time.

Today is Valentine’s day of course, and the geniuses that run our school district decided it would be a good day for parent teacher conferences. I would agree, if I didn’t want to see any parents at all. Apparently, they are all out trying to build their marriage, while teachers sit at tables, bored to tears. Nobody yelled at me today, so that’s a plus.

Today, I am going to list off some pet peeves, this is by no means a comprehensive list, but I thought I’d get one started, to be added to later.

And for any of you who forgot, Mike’s pet peeve is the Pehrson’s dog…

Pet Peeves of the Bubs

12 - Emails that try to guilt trip you into forwarding them on (Forward this to 10 people or you’ll die today)
11 – When it’s warm during the day, but cold in the morning, thus causing me to drive halfway to work before I notice that I have the air conditioner on.
10 - Cleaning up ketchup
9 - Students turning in tons of work at the end of the quarter
8 - People with no sense of humor
7 - Rated R movies are the only ones to get nominated for the Oscars
6 - Gangsters
5 - Students with cell phones
4 - KFC always sounds good, then makes me sick
3 - Portraits cost an arm and a leg, when it only cost pennies to develop pictures
2 - Parents who think their students are little angels
1 - Everybody thinks desperate housewives is cool, but I guarantee it’s just lame, even though I haven’t seen it once, but the media seems like they have the ability to make any TV show popular, no matter how dumb.

This is one of those lists I’m going to have to add on to… Another one of my pet peeves, is not being able to remember pet peeves whilst making a pet peeve list.

That will be all for now,

Mr. Magoo

7 comments:

Matt said...

Bubs, I suggest you add mopping cement to your pet peeve list. I had to do that again today. Most annoying thing ever.

Anonymous said...

I'd add Jay Leno and kids who wear the collars up on their shirts.

Anonymous said...

I'd add JetBlue for boarding their passengers and pretend that they are going to leave...instead they drive around for 7 hours on the runway and take their passengers from Gate 10 to Gate 5 and the pilots last words are: "Better luck next time!"

Anonymous said...

Oh...I would also add to the list...ladies who try to cut in the line you have waited in for 2 hours to "ask a question"...Steph knows what I'm talking about.

Anonymous said...

Has anyone seen The Colbert Report? That's a funny show. Colbert has a "Dead to Me" list and a "On Notice" list. For example, one of the things on his dead to me list is CNN en espanol. Also, the cast of Friends. Amongst other good ones. Anyway, Devin and I have began making our own such lists. So far I only have one for each. Summer Sanders is dead to me and South Park is on notice. For Devin, Sean Salisbury is on his dead to me list and Parry Post writing is on notice.

Anonymous said...

My pet peeve is people who don't use their blinkers.... Mike's pet peeve is not being able to remember the old kool-aid song the kool-aid man sings after he jumps through the wall and says, "Oh, yeah." Someone please remember what it is, he has talked about this for years!!!

Anonymous said...

When you have to call a company for customer service, then spend 15 minutes putting all your information into the phone, when someone finally comes to talk to you they ask you for ALL the information over again.

Along those same lines, when you go to the doctors and they make you tell them your family history, even though it should be written in their chart!

Also, it is annoying when the governor cancels school to save energy, then we have to energy to make up the missed days. Then the superintendent chooses to have Monday off, Tuesday & Wednesday as make up days, Thursday & Friday off. Genius!